Audrey Kawasaki | Artist

paintings/dishonest_heart_lj.jpg


“Whenever I feel like I’m in some sort of ‘rut’ it’s usually just being distracted or worried about something that’s not relevant to the piece I’m working on… or just not being able to sit still and concentrate for a long period of time.

“For years, I would just have music on in headphones, but for a while now I’ve been addicted to various podcasts of informative shows, stories and ideas. Working while listening to these keeps my conscious mind stimulated in a different way, and seems to let my creative/visual side run loose and work without worry.

“Disconnecting from life’s daily distractions, and sort of separating myself into two halves feels like it’s been the best tactic for me to almost feel meditative while I paint.”

Popular Posts