Contributor....




As part of POP Montreal, a festival celebrating Music, Art and Film, I was able to check out the 'Off The Hook' Exhibition linked to Contributor. I was BLOWN away by the amazing pieces that these artists had turned a humble skateboard into.
It did remind me somewhat of Brisbane show "I Used to Skate Once" but what I really grabbed me about Contributor is that it is a charity for raising money to buy underprivileged children Skateboards across Canada. Watch the video below to get a better understanding of the cause and inspiration and maybe jump on the site and bid for a board yourself.
I know I HAVE!
Building skateboards in the backyard was something I used to do a lot when I was a little mite and thrill of flying down Bartleys Hill was something that could NOT be compared.
I wish I had some photos of those boards....

Contributor is a traveling art show created by Mike Giles of Furni and Annie Lam, along with the help of Bob Kronbauer. Together they’ve gathered a huge crop of artists to decorate and design skateboards which will then be auctioned off to the highest bidder. With the money they raised plan on donating 100 skateboards to kids in need across Canada. It’s a really interesting way to help out kids, especially for those whose skating is their main outlet in the world, though they may not have the cash, because skateboarding is not a cheap hobby.
The line-up of artists looks great as well, including Thomas Campbell, Parra, Matt Irving, UPSO, Jim Houser, Mike Perry, Todd Francis, Chris Pastras, Craig Metzger, Andy Jenkins, Nial McClelland, Supermundane, Jim Datz, Rita, Travis Millard, Mel Kadel and a ton more.


Contributors from Anne-Marie Bergeron on Vimeo.

Popular Posts